Wednesday, March 2, 2011

PET Scan

I was interested to know more about what a PET scan is and how it is different from other tests. I thought others might want to know too. X-rays, CT scans and MRI scans take photographs of your body and identify tumors based on their size, shape and location. PET scans identify cancers based on the high activity within the cancer cell. They are helpful in mapping and staging the disease in your body. They can also help decide what kind of treatment is best.

Mom, I will be praying for you to be relaxed and calm. I know you can do it. I love you!

2 comments:

  1. We love you too.......we are always thinking about you and praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Valerie, that was a great post- i've never understood the differences in the tests. Love you Grandma-ma

    ReplyDelete