Friday, April 8, 2011

catch-up

Well, this has been a new experience. I have been keeping a daily log because that will help to know what to expect the next go around. It was good to get done with the Prednisone and the anti nausea. On Tuesday, Dr. Hansen called and wanted me to come in for a blood check an he decided I needed to come in for three days in a row to get a shot of Neupogen to build up my white blood cells to guard against infection. I ended going four days and that should last until the next treatment. They used to hospitalize people for this, but this enables me to stay at home, which is good. A few side affects, but I think I'm doing okay. Grandpa went in and had a stress test and his heart is good, but he needs to build up his endurance. He went on Carolyn's elyptical machine today and got started. He is having difficulty coming to terms that it needs to be something that increases his heart rate. Dr. Biddulph said walking to the barn and back would not cut it. So we are working on that. I got on for a few minutes also. Wasn't conference wonderful? I can't wait for the Ensign to read them more thoroughly. It was exciting that Jake was interviewed on the segment for the MTC. I especially liked what Elder Nelson said about "the only premature deaths are the one where someone is not prepared to meet God." Also the one on"the cafeteria approach to the commandments won't work. We can't choose which one we want to obey". Such sound council. Love you all and hope that spring comes pretty soon. A couple of my friends have brought me pretty potted flowers to bring a little in now.

3 comments:

  1. Glad that you were able to go in and get something to build your immune system against infections! Yes, Conference was wonderful! I loved listening and missed being at your house but it was fun for all here to be together! Keep up the work Dad! It is important to build up that endurance. Love you both so very much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to keep up that positive attitude!!! We love you and hope that both of you continue to do well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear things are going well. We love you!!

    ReplyDelete